Rural Community Land Trust
The project proposal is a two-year pilot with the aim of developing a Community Land Trust for Pembrokeshire. This activity is noted in the LEADER intervention logic table and the LDS document.
The pilot project would employ a Community Land Trust officer to focus and report on the following key activities:
- The need for rural housing
- Alternative rental affordable housing
- Demand for self-build sites
- Cohousing solution
- Supporting communities identify and address an ageing population profile and discrepancy in house pricing.
- Investigate and pilot skills development for self-build projects
- Develop a land and buildings audit with support from the County Council.
- Supporting the Council planning department – e.g. exception sites
- Increase permanent occupancy rates of coastal villages
- Drawing-in investment capital – group applications.
Rural Pembrokeshire, young families, older people, local communities