Milford Haven Port Authority Feasibility Study
MHPA has a shared vision to create a new waterfront for Milford Haven. Part of this plan will be to commission a feasibility study for the redevelopment of a vacant & redundant site in a key town centre location, known as the former Victoria Filling Station and Grade II listed Quay Stores on Victoria Road, which is owned by MHPA.
The feasibility study will look at the initial plans for the building to become a multi-use cultural centre. lt will consider how this development can best meet community needs and will also look at all other possible uses, together with concept drawings. lt will also identify what other potential sources of funding are available. Architects plans have been drawn up for the site and initial plans for the proposed development include:
• a 400 seater auditorium/conference/banqueting facility/ music venue
• retail space
• exhibition space
• cafe and viewing gallery overlooking the Haven Waterway.
• start up office accommodation
• interconnecting tower housing a restaurant , bar and bridge link to the town centre.
Three quotations for the feasibility study have been obtained. The proposed feasibility study will take approx. 6 weeks, once approval is obtained. The feasibility study will research community needs and community assets and seek local involvement and engagement. The feasibility study will include:
• research to identify the needs of the local community
• ways in which the local community can be involved in the project
• further exploration of the opportunities already identified (as listed below) and
• identification of other businesses and third sector organisations, who could be engaged in the project and how they might benefit from this This work will continue post project through the construction phase and ongoing once the new Centre is up and running, and has the potential to encourage intergenerational involvement. Once the feasibility report is complete it will inform the redevelopment of the site along, with identified needs and opportunities.
To be determined by the feasibility study.