Community halls website
Following interest shown in a community halls website at a Community Buildings Forum meeting, attendees were invited to be part of the development stage of a Pembrokeshire Halls Website project. The forum decided that a website of community buildings, facilities and activities would serve as an information service for residents, organisations and visitors. It was also developed to form the basis of a network to share information on issues. This project has received funding through the Rural Development Plan for Wales 2007-2013 which is funded by the Welsh Government and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
The key features of the web site included a web page for each community and community building, outlining:
- details of the hall/facility
- accessibility of each venue (to include floor plans)
- resources and equipment available
- location map with directions
- contact details for bookings
- information on community events, activities and courses (updating existing Community Activities Programme)
- information on funding sources, insurance etc
The Pembrokeshire Halls website is available to see at www.pembrokeshirehalls.org.uk and contains information about many halls in Pembrokeshire. PLANED arrange the initial details submitted on the website and each community/facility can update and maintain their own page. Maintaining the page/s is straightforward and training was made available during the initial months of the project.